Gibraltar, a ‘Jewel’ in the Mediterranean ‘Crown’
Whether you are contemplating a visit to Gibraltar, or here already, welcome to a fascinating corner of the Mediterranean.
As a very popular place for centuries, you will experience the legacy of the Phoenicians, Romans, Moors, Spanish, British and other great civilisations, but above all, our legendary Gibraltarian hospitality.
Today there is something for everyone, ranging from archaeological treasures and priceless arte-facts to a wide variety of shops and restaurants. It is also a stimulating world centre of business and commerce.
A meeting place of Continents and famous worldwide for its dramatic Rock; imposing, but small, measuring about six square kilometers (3.5 square miles) in total. Steeped in history, The Rock (or El Peñon, as locally named) has many interesting attractions to visit, including some amazing caves, the upper-rock Nature Reserve and Europa Point along with several beaches and marinas.
Weddings in Gibraltar have become very popular and attracted many celebrities over the years to marry here, including the famous John Lennon (The Beatles) to Yoko Ono. With the good climate, British legal system, language and VAT free shopping to name just a few of the benefits, check out our Weddings page for more information.
Our Botanical Gardens are spectacular and a must to visit, not forgetting the monkeys (Barbary Macaques) that run wild within the upper-rock Nature Reserve, being the only semi-wild colony in Europe.
Apart from the normal tourist information, we can provide you with an insight into our culture, history and some beautiful sites, along with great places to eat, with local Gibraltarians, and a Calendar of Events which keeps our Rock ‘buzzing’ throughout the year. Just a stroll down Main Street, Saturday mornings, shows you what a fun and lively place this really is.
The Rock is also a perfect base to explore the surrounding cultures, countries and continents. Enjoy a day trip to the ancient town of Seville or discover Jerez, the home of Sherry. A short ferry ride across the Strait will take you to Morocco and the exotic town of Tangier. There are also several golf courses within a short drive of The Rock, including the world famous Valderrama.
Let our warm climate, outstanding natural history and heritage entice you to come back time and time again to the crossroads of the Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic Ocean, Europe and Africa in this unique destination, which has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.
- Gibraltar Blog
- The Gibraltar Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Gibraltarinformation.com website. Subscribe here.
- Everything about art-Gibraltar and local artists, including contact details
- Art-Gibraltar and everything you wanted to know about our local artists
- Christian art in Gibraltar and local Christian artists, with contact details
- Christian art in Gibraltar and everything you want to know about our local Christian artists
- Pictures of Gibraltar, photos and images of the Rock and the people.
- A fun collection of Pictures of Gibraltar, including the airstrip, the Rock of Gibraltar, the apes and the Gibraltarians
- Gibraltar Attractions information and ideas for your entertainment in Gibraltar.
- Gibraltar Attractions from historical sites, natural history, places of worship to leisure centres.
- Gibraltar Calendar of Events for the year to keep you entertained
- The Rock of Gibraltar is a fascinating place to visit, with plenty to see and do, as this Calendar of Events shows.
- Exciting Gibraltar Caves
- The Gibraltar Caves are beautiful and full of exciting history. Some of the Gibraltar attractions are St Michael's Caves, Gorham Cave and The Upper Galleries.
- The Climate in Gibraltar is wonderful with over 300 days of sunshine
- The climate in Gibraltar is ideal with 4-5 months of very little rain, warm temperatures and over 300 days of sunshine.
- Gibraltar Culture - Where do Gibraltarians come from?
- Gibraltar Culture - rich and varied with many talented people on the Rock including artists, musicians, dancers, poets and actors.
- Education in Gibraltar, including Schools and the Education System
- Education in Gibraltar, including details on the Education system and the Schools in Gibraltar
- Gibraltar Bridge
- Creative designs for a Gibraltar Bridge connecting Europe and Africa.
- The full History of Gibraltar, from creation to 300 years of being British.
- A comprehensive History of Gibraltar, from its creation, invasions and 300 years of being British - an exciting read!
- Maps & Flags of Gibraltar
- Information on the different Flags of Gibraltar and Gibraltar Maps
- Strait of Gibraltar Information, including a Strait of Gibraltar Map
- All the information and maps you need on the Strait of Gibraltar, not Straight of Gibraltar!
- Trafalgar House Property For Sale
- Trafalgar House 3 bedroom apartment for sale, bright and spacious in the heart of town, Gibraltar
- A glossy Gibraltar guide “A Guided Tour of Gibraltar” available here.
- You need a Gibraltar guide If planning to visit Gibraltar or organise your own tour of our Rock - this compact, quality booklet “A Guided Tour of Gibraltar” is ideal.
- Gibraltar Information Shopping Store
- A shopping store for Gibraltar Information, including history books and guides
- Gibraltar Shopping - Gibraltar Flower Delivery to Gibraltar Postcards and more
- Everything about Gibraltar Shopping and how to organise a Gibraltar Flower Delivery, buy some Gibraltar Postcards and more
- Car-hire Gibraltar Airport or Airport transfers Malaga to Gibraltar
- For your Car-hire Gibraltar Airport and advice on the best way to get around Gibraltar and neighbouring Spain, we have prices, contact details and will be happy to assist you.
- Gibraltar tours – what’s the best way to get the most out of a day?
- Gibraltar tours - Visiting Gibraltar for a day or two? We recommend you see the main attractions, visit town and maybe take a Dolphin trip too.
- Gibraltar Information Centre - Providing everything on Gibraltar tourism
- Gibraltar Information Centre - Providing everything you need to know to plan your visit, from a cheap Gibraltar hotel, Gibraltar airfare to car hire in Gibraltar airport
- Famous Weddings in Gibraltar have included those of John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- Weddings in Gibraltar have become very popular with the good climate, British legal system, language and VAT free shopping to name just a few benefits.
- Information and images about us here at www.gibraltarinformation.com
- Images and information about us here at www.gibraltarinformation.com
- Contact Us
- Let us have your comments or ask a question
- Disclaimer page for www.Gibraltarinformation.com
- Disclaimer page for www.Gibraltarinformation.com
- Do you have a holiday let in Gibraltar? Why not advertise it on our website?
- We can help you to get those bookings for your holiday home in Gibraltar. Contact us to list your property on our website.